Friday, October 09, 2009

Politics these days....

I woke up this morning, drank a cup of coffee, and watched a snippet of the morning news. Needless to say the word huge would be an understatement when describing what I saw....President Obama won the nobel peace prize. Does anyone else think that this is a bit shocking? He was sworn in as president in January and someone nominated him for the peace prize in February.

I have always respected the significance of such an award, but today I feel that I am disappointed for those who have voted in Sweden. One of the highest accolades that could be given in the world has been given to someone who I believe has not earned nor deserved to win the prize. Looking back at winners of the peace prize in the past, I fail to see how President Obama deserved the prize. Perhaps I am looking at the situation in a wrong way. I just fail to see how someone who has been in office for less than a year can compare with those past winners who have dedicated lifetimes for peace around the world.

I have asked myself the question over and over again since I watched the news this morning. Why? Why? Why? Maybe I'll come across the answer someday soon...I just don't seem to understand the politics these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment